The holiday season is a joyous time, but unfortunately, it is also top season for theft. If you walk around your neighborhood, it isn’t hard to see all the holiday deliveries left on porches of unsuspecting homeowners. Protecting yourself from theft is all about prevention. To avoid being a victim of holiday theft:
- Have your deliveries sent to your work (if allowed)
- Request valuable shipments be held by the shipper for in-person pickup. Most major shipping companies even have apps now that can help streamline this process.
- See if your shipping company has additional options. Amazon recently introduced “lockers” where they will place your shipment in a locker with a special code just for you.
- Does a retired relative live nearby? Have packages delivered to them. It is always a great opportunity to see family anyway.
- Sign up for delivery notifications. Many companies send this to you by email, but many carriers have text message notifications.
- Install a home surveillance system that focuses on the area where your packages are delivered. A pricier alternative if you can’t always be there to monitor your home.
- Discuss with your neighbors to keep an eye out for unfamiliar vehicles.
Enjoying the holiday season is easy, but preventing theft isn’t always. We hope your holiday season is free of criminal activity.
Archibald Insurance Agency in Salt Lake City, UT is a different kind of insurance agency. We represent over 20 top-rated insurance companies to offer you comparative insurance quotes which means more coverage options, better pricing and flexibility. Agency owner, Marc Archibald and his friendly and knowledgeable staff can quote your auto insurance, home insurance, business insurance & much more! With many payment options you’re sure to find the right company at the right price for your specific insurance needs! Both homeowners and auto insurance rates change, people change, situations change. Our goal is to be your preferred insurance agency for a lifetime.